Are you as serious about baking as what I am? You are – well I have the perfect helper helping in the kitchen and am sure to become your helper as well – the Zojirushi BB-PAC20 bread machine. It has nearly all the features available that you can imagine in today’s ever-popular growing bread machine market.
Although they are a Japanese company, do not be surprised by this little robot, as it is a leader in its kind.
Zojirushi BB-PAC20 is a Serious Baking Appliance
This bread machine is not a serious baker for a good reason as it has advanced technology that has been seen in many of their products like the rice cooker and for vacuum bottles. This is a top selling bread maker product and a work of art.
It has a horizontal design that makes only a 2-pound loaf of bread that is great for a large family like mine. It makes a traditional loaf of bread as you buy it in the shop. With the removable baking pan and dual blades made for kneading, you can easily remove it with the handles on the side.
It comes with a supplementary heater on the lid making sure that the bread bakes evenly and rarely found in bread machines making this unique. View the baking cycle through the large viewing window while keeping an eye on how your goods are progressing.
The appliance has ample menu settings from baking your basic bread, gluten-free, whole wheat, pizza dough, sourdough, donut dough, cake, jam, cookie dough and more. As with most other products, it has a 13-hour delay timer that you can use for making delicious treats at any time. It only requires you to set it, add the ingredients, and it does the rest for you.
Playing around with the bread machine
When you order this model, you will not be able to wait for it to arrive so that you can play around with it. It can do everything, has become a close friend, and complete home baker (I seldom use my stove lately.) You need to remember that there is a certain order to add your ingredients and with the help of the instruction manual, you are set to go. Add the ingredients in order from the liquids, dry ingredients, to the yeast as instructed.
When using it, you will notice a bit of a delay in the time as the appliance reaches the optimal temperature before the mixing cycle starts. It includes a DVD and recipe book as the instructions are detailed and you follow them easily.
Adding extra nuts and fruits works perfectly while the heater provided on the lid is great to have. Choose the homemade cycle for setting it to knead, rise, and bake.
Fun to use
Not only is the bread machine simple to use, it provides you with fun while doing it. Being a beginner to using baking machines it has helped me bake some great treats and works quietly. The only concern is that it does take up some counter space compared to its counterpart the BB-HAC10. It is great for home use and justifies the size of the loaves it bakes.
Cleaning the Zojirushi BB-PAC20 is easy as the baking pan is nonstick and most of the times you can wipe it out with a soft rag. When you look at the control panel, you will find that it has an integrated digital clock, allowing you to set the time for baking the bread. It is easy to use and read and navigates you through the available menu.
What the BB-PAC20 can make
- Jellies & jams
- Mixing dough for pastries and pizza
- Mixing starter sourdough
- Bread from gluten-free, French, basic, sweet, whole wheat and more
With the dual paddle design, it mixes and kneads effortless and works very fast and for a perfect loaf of bread, however, needs to be aligned properly as it helps to distribute the dough. The appliance has 10 pre-programmed setting compared to most other brands with 12 and includes a quick function for making both wheat and gluten-free bread.
Moving the machine around is a mission, as it weighs 27 pounds. Moreover, would be better finding a place for it to stand without the need of moving it from one place to another. It handles any type of seeds as many of you enjoy a wholesome wheat loaf and great for using dry yeast when placed on top of the flour (instant yeast can be used in the same way.) Even the baking pan is solid and made from stainless steel most likely adding the wait to the bread maker.
Are you scared of opening the lid? No threat at all – open the lid to look while the machine pauses the cycle and continuous when you close it.
Specifications, Features, and Benefits at a Glance
- Enjoy a traditional 2-pound loaf of bread
- Makes bread in 2-hours and fabricated with a 13-hour delay timer for anytime use
- Designed with an added heater found on the lid, baking bread evenly with a delicious crust
- Designed with durable stainless steel, even the baking tray is non-stick stainless steel
- Has a large viewing window and you can even open the lid while it is busy with a cycle
- Made with a wide selection of pre-programmed menus
- Receive a DVD, instruction manual & recipe book, measuring cup & spoon, removable bake pan
- Either side of the bread pan has two handles for ease of use and removing
- The appliance uses a heavy-duty drive and may cost a little more than your average bread machine but lasts longer
- The LCD control panel and display are easy to use and look great
- Works with 120AC, 60Hz power supply, and 600 watts while the lid heater is 40 watts and the motor 100 watts
- Dimensions: 18-inches by 10.5 inches by 13 inches and weighs in at 27 pounds
- Has a safety fuse available
- Different crust options; light, medium, and dark
- Different bake modes and dough modes
- Designed with programmable menu and indicator with express bake option
What people have to say about the BB-PAC20 MODEL
When it comes to the Zojirushi BB-PAC20 Reviews customers enjoy using this appliance and simply have wowed them. It bakes large loaves of bread that are great for a family of four and more. It is a well-made machine and worth every cent spent on it. The features are customizable and make delicious goodies. There are a few negative reviews, and the only ones related were customers who received faulty bread machines, however, the excellent customer service makes up for this as they received a brand new one in its place.
Pros and Cons While Using The BB-PAC20
- Provides superb performance with loads of settings and for those who enjoy gluten-free products, it can make it all
- Provides you with horizontal loaves of bread and makes a perfect sandwich bread
- Customizable programming with loads of options to bake a variety of treats
- The dual mixing blades are great and combine all ingredients well
- A quiet operator and does not bounce around much
- The beeping indicator is great and not loud in producing not too loud a sound
- Designed with automatic pause and separate gluten-free program
- Versatile to use
The bread machine has its limitations as it can only make one-size loaves of bread and would have been nice if it had more size availability.
This is one of the best bread machines available on the market, even if it only makes one-size loaves of bread. If you are looking for a home bakery that can do it all the Zojirushi BB-PAC20 provides you with superb features and benefits in making not only bread but also a variety of goods. Not only is it a versatile appliance it is easy to clean, use, makes delicious treats and before you know it the bread machine will replace your stove.