Celiac diseases and some food allergies like gluten intolerance are quite common in which a person is sensitive to gluten (a protein found in wheat, rye and barley). If anyone with these diseases ingests food containing gluten he or she may experience symptoms such as abdominal pain, constipation, bloating, migraines, fatigue or other disorders. So to avoid this gluten-free diet is a must for such individuals but it can be difficult when it comes to common foods like bread as gluten is typically present in wheat, rye and barley.
Gluten-free bread is a simple solution to this condition because bread is staple food so one can’t simply cut it out from their diet. Nowadays almost all bakeries offer gluten-free baking and if you wish to make your own gluten-free bread at home then it’s not really a big deal with many easiest recipes available to make healthy gluten-free bread traditionally at home.
However, the good news is you can make Gluten free bread in bread machine also for a hassle-free baking. Not all machines are programmed for gluten-free baking so you’ve to check the setting feature before buying any machine to make sure they offer gluten-free function or cycle in their bake menu. To make things easier for you, we’ve got a list of top 5 bread machine for gluten-free baking with a detailed discussion about their pros, cons, features and customer’s reviews. We will also share more information about gluten-free bread baking and best flours for this purpose but firstly, let’s have look at these best 5 gluten-free bread machines currently available.
5 best Gluten-Free Bread Machines
1. Zojirushi Virtuoso BB-PAC20 Breadmaker
Produced by the famous Japanese leading brand “Zojirushi”, this BB-PAC20 breadmaker is specially designed to make freshly baked, incredibly tasty bread with finest crumb and crust from the comforts of your home. It has customizable bake setting to bake gluten-free bread as well as organic baking to meet your nutritional and dietary needs.
This breadmaker offer traditionally large size loaves baking up to 2 pounds with its horizontal design. You can choose any programmed bake cycle to create multiple types of bread with other customization features like crust colour and capacity selection to bake for both small and large families even for dinner parties too. Make anything like whole wheat, multigrain, sugar-free, salt-free & gluten-free loaves of bread including versatile doughs for pizza or pasta, cakes, jam and more. If you’re on the go then its quick bake cycle can bake bread into 2 hours. Easy to use with dishwasher safe horizontal bread pan which bakes rectangular loaves. Built-in dual kneading blades thoroughly knead for superior results while dual heaters make sure that bread is baked evenly.
It is a heavy bread machine and horizontally designed which may occupy more space on your countertop if you have got a small kitchen.
• Custom menu setting for a wide variety of baking including whole wheat & multigrain courses, Gluten-free, dough for pizza/pasta/rolls, jam, cakes and more.
• 13- Hour delay bake timer and 60 minutes keep warm after baking i is completed
• 2 lb large rectangular loaves baking with light, medium or dark crust colour selection.
• Quick bake cycle to make bread in 2 hours.
• Double kneading blades for kneading bread thoroughly and dual heaters at the top and bottom for evenly baked bread.
• Durable Stainless steel exterior with food-grade housing and black accents.
• Large viewing window, LCD display with easy push-button controls.
• Removable bread pan with convenient handles.
• Accessories include measuring cup & spoon, instructional video, manual and a recipe booklet.
More than 1700 customers rated and reviewed this Zojirushi Virtuoso Breadmaker. Its efficiency, uncompromising design and superior results earned it a star ranking of 4.5 out of 5 stars with about 83% of consumers vote for 5 out of 5 stars on Amazon. Its easy-to-operate gluten-free bake cycle is very much appreciated by customers who specifically bought this breadmaker to home bake gluten-free pieces of bread.
2. Breville BBM800XL Custom Loaf Bread Maker
This BBM800XL model of Breadmaker is one of those advanced and smartest bread machines that instantly hit the market with its release. No doubt, it happened as well-known Breville Brand is the manufacturer here.
You can effortlessly make safe and delicious gluten-free loaves of bread by a simple procedure in this fully customizable automated breadmaker. It has much more to offer aside from this important feature such as wide variety of 13 baking functions so you could enjoy a lot more than just simple bread, crust colour selection, 3 loaf sizes to make bread for any type of family (small & large), automatic nut dispenser so you don’t have to babysit this machine and lastly the collapsible kneading paddle which collapses when baking begins after ingredients are perfectly mixed. Stainless steel material contributes well to its durable and elegant exterior.
Not everything can be 100% perfect so it also has got some minor cons which depend on personal preferences also like yeast-free bread has a chunk out the bottom because of kneading paddle. Also, the nut dispenser could be tad larger.
• Custom menu setting for a wide variety of baking including whole wheat & multigrain courses, Gluten-free, dough for pizza/pasta/rolls, jam, cakes and more.
• Loaf sizes 1lb,1.5 lb and 2 lb and crust colour setting (light, medium or dark) to customize bread.
• 13-hour delay bake start timer to give you full control over baking.
• Stainless steel body with a user-friendly panel and large viewing window to check baking process.
• Automatic fruit and nut dispenser to release extras at the right time.
• Collapsible kneading paddle for convenience.
• Digital display with intuitive buttons for easy menu selection.
• Dishwasher safe bread pan with included accessories like measuring cup, adjustable spoon, blades and user guide.
• Special recipe book with 46 easy step by step instructed recipes included.
• 1- year warranty
This impressive Breville BBM800XL Custom Loaf Bread Maker is reviewed by more than 200 customers and rated as 4.3 out of 5 stars on Amazon star ranking. It has high recommendation rate based on the reviews of users who find it as an amazing addition to their kitchens to enjoy nutritious & custom-made freshly home-baked loaves of bread with consistent texture, crumb and crust. It is also ranked as #17 in bestseller bread machines on Amazon.
3. Hamilton Beach 29881 2-Pound Bread Maker, White
Who hasn’t heard of popular manufacturer namely “Hamilton” which is well-known for producing high-grade appliances? Beach 29881 2-Pound Bread Maker is one of their such famous products.
This is small yet smart breadmaker to turn your piles of ingredients into baked goodness with its advanced automation technology. You can enjoy multiple types of baking with its wide variety of baking menu including Gluten-free bake cycle. This breadmaker is specifically designed to satisfy all your taste preferences and dietary needs. It is also easy to use and simplifies baking. So add this valuable appliance and try its wonderful breadmaking to obtain fresh, fluffy and soft bread with ideal crumb & crust and nutritional control at home.
There is only one post for a paddle.
• 12 bake settings including Basic, French, whole wheat, Quick, sweet, Express bake, dough, gluten-free, jam, cake and more.
• Loaf capacity of 1 lb,1.5 lb and 2 lb and ensures a rectangular shape of the loaf
• Light, medium and dark crust colour selection.
• Delay bake timer with keep warm facility.
• Clear white cool exterior with non-slip feet.
• 3 easy steps – Add ingredients, select cycle from a menu, press start.
• A gluten-free option which is ideal for those with celiac disease or gluten sensitivities. (Stand out feature)
• Viewing window, digital display and easy push-button control.
• Removable non-stick coating bread pan for easy cleaning with kneading paddle.
• Preservatives and trans-fat-free bread baking.
• Audible reminder for adding fruits and nuts.
• 16.8 x 13.5 x 13 inches Dimensions and 15 pounds weight
• Accessory set includes measuring cup, spoons and compatible recipe book for gluten-free baking and more.
More than 250+ consumers rated and reviewed this impressive bread maker. It is ranked #20 in bestseller bread machines and holds a star rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars on Amazon. It is praised by customers in their reviews and admired its ‘easy to use’ feature, impressive results and superior performance. However few complained about facing a problem with this breadmaker for gluten-free baking. Reading user manual for a complete guide is recommended.
4. Oster Ckstbrtw20 2-pound Expressbake Breadmaker
This efficient two pound Ckstbrtw20 Expressbake Breadmaker manufactured by Oster Brand will make your life easy by baking delicious gluten-free loaves of bread. So you would wake up every time to the enticing aroma of these nutritionally perfect baked pieces of bread
This Oster breadmaker is a space saver as well as fit for both small and large families. Ideal and convenient breadmaker for those with a gluten allergy or celiac diseases. It offers loaves sizes of 1 lb,1.5 lb and 2 lb and different crust shades. The best part is that it has the special feature of Express bake for quick bread baking in an hour. Enhances Sleek design in white colour. Multiple baking menus up to 12 programs. Viewing window to check baking progress and intuitive button controls for easy operation to simplify baking.
• 12 pre-programmed bake setting to make a variety of bread and 3 crust settings for bread customization.
• Gluten-free baking cycle.
• Quick bread baking in 1 hour with its Expressbake setting.
• 1-2 pound baking capacity suitable for big families.
• Programmable Delay bake timer up to 13-hours to offer fresh and warm bread every time.
• Keep warm setting
• 650 W Breadmaker with Cool and sleek white exterior.
• Large & Easy-to-read LCD display and Easy-to-operate push control buttons.
• Large window viewing and audible signal notification.
• Removable Non-stick aluminium pan and accessories including measurable cup, adjustable spoon and kneading paddle.
This Oster Ckstbrtw20 2-pound Expressbake Breadmaker is rated and reviewed by 3500+ customers on Amazon and about 66% customers rated it 5 out of 5 stars which show that they are highly satisfied. Its total Amazon star rating is 4.1 out of 5 stars and bestseller ranking is #1 in small appliances < breadmakers. Many customers appreciated the smart, easy and efficient working of this item in this reviews by sharing their experiences using it. Majority of them highly recommended this to buy this at such an affordable price for the amazing baking experience.
5. T-fal PF111 Balanced Living Programmable Automatic Bread machine
Enjoy the goodness of healthy and freshly baked loaves of bread and keep up with your gluten-free diet with ease as this automatic bread maker is programmed for a balanced living for a healthy lifestyle. It is manufactured by T-fal brand.
It enables you to bake loaves up to a 2-pound size which make it suitable for a large family too. Vertically designed to occupy little space if your kitchen is small. Works like your mini bakery to create multiple types of bread with it’s 12 fully customizable bake settings. Stainless steel exterior ensures food safety and item durability. Dishwasher safe pan with a lid for easy cleaning. It is very easy to operate with 3 simple steps and you can control your baking timing thanks to its delay bake timer features
• 12 programmable bake setting for basic, whole wheat, french gluten free, sweet, rapid 1.5 lb loaf, rapid 2 lb loaf, dough, jam, cake, sandwich and bake only.
• 1.5 lb and 2 lb loaves baking capacity for both small family and large family.
• Light, medium and dark crust colour customization.
• Delay bake starts up to 15 hours ease planning process.
• keep bread warm up to 1 hour after baking.
• Enhanced vertically designed exterior made of stainless steel housing with black accent.
• Digital display with easy push-button control.
• 600 watts of power; 16 x 12 x 13.5 inches dimensions; 17 pounds weight.
• Removable bread pan with non-stick coating and kneading blades.
• Accessory set includes measuring cup and spoons with user guide manual.
• 1-year limited warranty.
T-fal PF111 is reviewed by 100+ satisfied customers and got a star rating of 4 out of 5 stars on Amazon. It is listed as #84 in the bestselling product in bread machine category. Verified user posted their honest and favourable reviews for this breadmaker. Most of which were based on their good baking experience with it and how they find it convenient for making Gluten free bread and a number of other baking items other than plain bread. It is an also ideal breadmaker for small-scale bread consuming family and those who are new to baking.
How to Make Gluten-Free Bread in a Bread Maker?
Now the frequently asked question by folks is how to make gluten free bread in a bread maker? well, that’s pretty easy but if you’re a newbie in baking then you need little more practice to obtain perfect loaves with fine crumb and crust. There is a vast variety of Breadmakers which are produced by different brands however their operations and baking cycles are almost similar.Read this easy gluten-free bread recipe for making in the bread machine.
One and a half cup of warm water, 2 tsp. Active dry yeast, 2 eggs & 1 egg white, 4-1/2 Tbsp. olive oil, 1-1/2 Tbsp.apple cedar vinegar and 420 grams Manini’s Multi-purpose gluten-free flour or Classic Peasant Bread Mix. You can also use any of your regular gluten-free flour blends.
How to Make?
Warm one and half cup water in a glass measuring cup and add the yeast and sugar. Stir it to mix and set aside for about 7-10 minutes until it turns foamy. Beat 2 eggs and 1 egg white using fork or whisk and add to the baking pan of the breadmaker. Now add apple cider vinegar, oil and foamy yeast mixture to baking pan. Lastly, add gluten-free flour on the top such as Manini’s Multi-purpose gluten-free flour or Classic Peasant Bread Mix.
Plack baking pan back in a breadmaker, select gluten-free cycle from a baking menu and turn it on. Before rising cycles start, check and stir any unmixed flour that might be sticking to bread pan using a spatula after mixing cycle is done. Also, remove blade if you don’t want it to stay mixed in bread. When the bread is finally done, remove it and place it on a rack for cooling before slicing and storing it.
Tips for Best Results
• Make sure that water is properly heated up to 105-110° F.
• Use eggs with room temperature.
• Use good quality yeast and make sure it’s neither hot nor too cold.
What is the Best Gluten-Free Flour for Making Bread?
Best baking results can only be obtained with the excellent breadmaker, proper recipe and most importantly by using quality ingredients for baking. There are a number of flours by different companies available in the market claiming that they are gluten-free. But not every flour blend can give you excellent results with healthy bread as they have different compositions, fibre value and others. Some of the gluten-free flour blends are;
• Almond Flour which is high in fibre and little coarse than a regular meal. It is good for denser baked goods and has a slightly nuttier flavour.
• Oat Flour is one of the popular gluten-free blends which has a mild taste with high fibre and protein. It also gives dense texture to the baking meal.
• Brown rice flour is the most commonly used as gluten-free flour due to its fine and light texture. It has quite a mild taste and easily affordable.
• Coconut flour is another gluten-free blend perfect for a person with nut, wheat and other food allergies.
• Sorghum flour is an ancient gluten-free blend rich in protein and fibre and makes a great gluten-free meal.
• Gluten-free flour mix can be an easier choice as it blended flour of different mixtures. Manini’s brand Multi-Purpose Flour or Old Fashioned Bread Mix is a famous gluten-free flour mix.
These are nutrionally thought to be best gluten-free flour blends out of which you can choose accordeing to whatever taste you prefer. Make sure to test it with your yeast if you’re using them for the first time.
If you or any member of your family is gluten-intolerant or have any celiac diseases then it is necessary to consume a gluten-free diet in order to stay healthy and avoid any discomforting symptoms. Gluten-free loaves of bread are easily available in any bakery or it can be baked traditionally by hand at home but to ease modern and busy lifestyle, bread machines are specially designed for this purpose to make both regular bread and gluten-free bread. We’ve discussed top 5 bread machines from successful brands above to help you choose the best one according to your preferences. All of which offer amazing features to transform your kitchen into a mini bakery and make you feel proud while presenting impressive final results.
Gluten-free bread is easy to make with bread maker for which an easy recipe is provided. Make sure to do measurements carefully and follow all instructions and tips when trying any gluten-free baking from this or any other recipe. There are many gluten-free flour blends such as almond, oat, coconut or brown rice flour which you can choose depending on your personal favourites and type of recipe you’re baking.