When it comes to the West Bend 41410 Hi-Rise Breadmaker standing on your counter top you will have a mid-level appliance with many features compared to some of the higher end trademarks available on the market. Many have associated this model to our previously reviewed T-fal PF111, however, each one has their own abilities when it comes to making a loaf of bread.
One thing is for sure; this model has a sturdy construction compared to some other models known to jiggle around when kneading dough and wants to dance of the countertop.
WHAT IS So Cool About the West Bend 41410?
The cool thing about the West Bend 41410 is that it makes three different sized loaves of bread as many only make two. Choose from baking a 1.5, 2, or 2.5 pounds that are ideal for every sized family. Associated with most other bread machines this model comes pre-programmed with 12 settings that include the ever-popular gluten-free setting.
Another superb feature is the choice of crust settings from light to dark while baking basic bread in about three hours and well suited for baking the 2.5-pound loaves of bread. Additionally, you can choose when you would like to bake your bread with the 13-hour delay timer and great for having a fresh loaf of bread ready when the day starts.
Bread Machine Design
When you unpack the bread machine for the first time it leaves you with a good first impression with ultramodern appearance. Gone is the bulky design and looks great when standing on a counter top. It matches in with most décor with the black color design. Even, the bread pan has a traditional shape that is rectangular and bakes the bread perfectly.
The only concern you may have is the LCD display that is a bit on the confusing side with the way they have labeled it. For some it may not be that simple to use, a bit cluttered as the settings 1 – 12 are displayed on both sides and takes some getting used to.
Once you start figuring out how to use the settings, you find that it works quietly and does no wiggles at an affordable price.
Always clean your appliance before using
One important thing that you should remember is to clean your West Bend 41410 before using it. You can do this by adding a cup of water inside the baking pan and lock it into place. Use the bake setting that is the menu number 12 option while leaving the lid open. This helps to burn off the oils left behind during the manufacturing process.
When in need of cleaning the baking pan, prevents placing it in water and do not add it to your dishwasher as this will scratch the nonstick surface. You only need to wash the inside of the baking pan with a delicate detergent, some warm water and wipe it out with a soft cloth as this will help to prolong the use of the baking pan.
The 12-menu setting provides you with the option of baking bread, making cakes, kneading the dough, or cooking your favorite jam. While the LCD display has, various buttons you can use for choosing a desired setting this include:
- The 1 – 12 menu program
- The length of the program in minutes and hours that decrease as the baking process advances and shows you the remaining time for the bread to complete baking
- The top row found on, the display shows you the size/weight of the different loaves of bread you want to make
- While the bottom row provides you with the selection of crust color
- The left/right sides of the display have the active program mode cycle for Knead1 to Keep Warm
The West Bend 41410 provides you with different menu button selections from making a basic bread recipe, French for light white bread, whole wheat, sweet, sandwich for a light bread that has a thin crust, gluten-free, mix, dough, cake bake that is great when using boxed cake mixtures, and bake only cycle that requires no kneading.
Although the bread maker does not have a menu option for making pizza dough, you can use the number 9 dough setting and works great.
Features At a Glance
- Choose from three different sized loaves of bread; 1.5, 2, 2.5 pounds
- Bakes bread in 3 hours and has a 13-hour delayed timer
- Designed in black color with a futuristic modern look that fits in with any home décor
- Has pre-programs consisting of 12 settings from baking with gluten-free functionality
- Choose from three crust color selections
- Designed with an extra large window for viewing found on the top of the bread machine
- Receive a manual & recipe book, measuring spoon & cup, removable bake pan with dual kneading blades
- Designed with two timer buttons to increase/decrease time, however, does not work with the mix, cake, or jam settings
- Cancelling a program is easy by using the start button and holding it
- Designed with audible alerts for adding ingredients when reaching the second kneading cycle
- Designed with power interruption and stores information for up to five minutes if you do find yourself in a short power failure
- Dimensions: 13.5” x 12.5” x 11.5-inches and weighs 14 pounds when shipped
- Designed with a blue backlit LCD display and has an hour keep warm function
- 1-year warranty
Generally, when you are looking at West Bend 41410 reviews it has received some great reviews for being a reliable and durable bread machine. This model is fairly easy to use and clean and makes delicious bread with a nice crust. They have praised the appliance for working quietly and have a superb appearance. While there may be many positive reviews, there were some negative ones as well. Although they are, few one or two clients complained that the machine broke down, but praised the customer service as they replaced their faulty machine.
Advantages and Disadvantages while using this model
- Great for making gluten-free produce
- The bread machine keeps you informed at all times as the LCD display has a marker it shows when completing a cycle
- Comes affordably priced
- Produces a traditional loaf of bread
- You receive a nonstick not fixed baking pan and twin kneading paddles that you can easily clean
- This model has no handles for moving it around
- Not designed with an automatic fruit and nut dispenser, however, does have an audible sound for adding ingredients
- Accessories not dishwasher safe
- Some ingredients may be left behind in the corners where the kneading blades cannot reach, but in general, can be common in most bread machine designs
Compared to some of the high-end models available in the market the West Bend 41410 Hi-Rise presents you with ease of use once you get to know the programs. It has loads of settings for baking different delicatessens from bread to jam. It may not come with a programmable menu, but the Gluten-Free program is superb. It is presented at an affordable price compared to most other brands and great for beginners and will make your life more exciting when used in your kitchen. Provide your family with freshly baked bread every morning instantly, and get them going quickly – with the smell flowing through the home to tickle their taste buds.