A very close friend of mine recently bought herself an Oster CKSTBRTW20 bread maker – I was so impressed with hers that I bought myself one as well. If you are tired of kneading bread dough or cleaning up the mess after using multiple utensils this Expressbake appliances’ made for you for a good reason.
When I bought my own model, I did not spend hundreds of dollars and once I started using mine, I cannot stop talking about how this appliance has made my bread baking so much easier.
A Great Helper In my Kitchen
Ever since my Oster CKSTBRTW20 arrived at my home, I have been like a small kid with a new toy and decided that I had to share it with you. The bread maker has plentiful of menu settings with recipes to get you started without spending loads of money –you are going to save loads of money!
The units available in only white and it is standing proudly on my counter top and does not fall short on design. It has a great appearance, but for some it may look a bit on the bland side and if you are stuck on appearance you should keep this in mind when buying one. I have not been disappointed as it is not the appearance that counts for me it is what this bread maker can do for me – and that is making bread fast.
Yes, it makes a loaf of bread in under an hour the reason for its name the Expressbake! To top it all, you receive a one-year limited warranty that covers all defects in the workmanship and material.
More about the features:
The Kneading Blade
One thing I have noticed before buying this model is the fact that the kneading blade actually bakes into the loaf and best to leave it be. You do receive a helpful tool to assist you with removing the blade. There is no signal advising you to remove the blade before the baking process starts and best to leave it. The tools designed in a hook form that you hook into the paddle and pull it out slowly and gently. It does leave a small hole, but the bread still tastes great.
The bread pan
As with most brands, the bread pan is removable and made from durable aluminum-coated with Teflon making it nonstick. I found cleaning the bread pan easy as I only rinse and wipe it out to dry. Prevent using metal utensils, as it will scratch the pan and best to use plastic or wood utensils.
The bread pan has a rectangular design most commonly found in bread maker models and I have made up to 2-pound bread in mine – however, do not expect your bread to look like a traditional loaf of bread.
Ease of viewing
Another superb feature, which is very handy with the Oster CKSTBRTW20 is the glass window for viewing. There is no need of touching the window or opening the lid during the baking process as it does get hot and the viewing window is large enough to see how your baking is going. The sides of the appliance stay cool to the touch.
This model has 12 settings for baking bread as follows:
- French bread
- Basic bread
- Sweet bread
- Whole wheat bread
- European bread
- Normal dough
- Bagel dough
- Express bake for 1.5 pounds and 2-pound loaves of bread
- Quick baking
- And Jam making
You can also select your desired crust color light, medium, dark, and rapid not seen in other models, plus the loaf sizes. It has a delay timer that is great when you want to bake bread for breakfast as it starts up during the early hours of the morning and ready when you wake up. The only thing is that the delay start does not work with the Expressbake settings and prevent using ingredients that spoil such as eggs and milk when using delay time.
Another superb feature that you may like is the audible signal advising you to add ingredients and great for adding nuts and fruits to your mixture at the right time. The signal is loud and if you are working in another part of your home, you are sure to hear it and, unfortunately, cannot mute it.
A Complete Memory Function
This feature is great if you live in areas with power outages, especially if you are busy baking bread, it will remember up to 6-minutes what cycle it was busy with and continue the current program when the power is running again. If you find that, the power is off for longer you will unfortunately, have to start all over with new ingredients.
Benefits and Features of The Oster CKSTBRTW20
- Has a control panel with LCD display
- Designed with a crust color button; rapid, light, medium, dark
- 13 hour Delay time that is great for setting it during the evening to bake and keeps the bread warm for up to an hour that automatically kicks in after baking
- Large glass viewing window – so no need of opening the lid
- In case of power outages, it has a 6-minute memory function
- Makes three different loaf sizes; 1 pound, 1.5 pounds, and 2 pound
- 12 Settings
- Removable nonstick bread pan that is easy to clean
- Receive an instruction manual & recipes, measuring scoop, kneading blade removal tool, measuring cup, and kneading blade
- Dimensions: 14.1 inches x 13.8 inches x 13 inches
- You receive a one-year limited warranty that covers workmanship and the material
- This appliance is made for only the North American (115v, 60Hz) electrical usage
What Customers are saying
In need of reassurance – there are many different Oster CKSTBRTW20 reviews available directly from retailers such as Amazon. Customers love this bread maker and say it is a fantastic appliance and has rated it with a high superb rating for being a reliable, durable, and quick baker that performs well for the price.
Advantages and Disadvantages Regarding The Oster
- The unit is easy to use and not difficult at all to keep clean
- It comes at an affordable price
- Love the fact that you can even make pizza dough in it
- The delay timer is a great advantage when you do want to start baking at certain times of the day
- I enjoy using the Expressbake
- You do not receive a gluten-free bread cycle
- You cannot program it for custom knead, rise & bake times
- Does not have a mute button for adding additional ingredients and cannot be silenced for overnight baking, however, not so bad as one would normally bake your basic bread during the evenings
- While some people complained that the top crust cracks and one can easily solve this by regulating the temperatures
My Overall Feeling
I may own the Oster CKSTBRTW20 Expressbake but still very impressed with what this model can do. For one, it is an affordable appliance if you do not have hundreds of dollars to spend. It is a basic bread maker with no fidgety extras and great for a beginner. By reading and following your manual and recipes, you will receive acceptable results. One thing is for sure the contour of the bread is most definitely not bakery bread and does not taste like supermarket bread either. As no appliance is full proof, you at least, get a one-year limited warranty to take care of that. It is very reliable when used.