For many households around the world bread is an important part of one’s diet and has been around for centuries. To think it starts with some basic ingredients, wheat flour, yeast, and water. However, it has become very expensive and tasteless these days. If you are like me, I want to present my family healthier foods and nutritious bread – the only problem is that I am terrible at making bread and opted for buying myself the Cuisinart CBK-100 bread maker instead.
I researched many different reviews on some of the best bread makers on the market and decided on this model for a good reason. Join me with my priced and best friend standing on my kitchen top and let me tell you a little secret it has become one of the most used appliances in the kitchen as it makes delicious bread.
The Superb Time Saver My Cuisinart CBK-100
As we, all know bread takes a time to make and a lot of effort goes into kneading the dough, in the past, I would stand for more than an hour to get this right – and what happens to my bread either it does not rise nor has no taste. Since I have bought myself, the Cuisinart CBK-100 bread machine this has changed.
This appliance has opened a new world to me when it comes to bread making as I have a variety of options when it comes to bread making. It may not be as fancy as many other brands out there but presents you with 12 pre-programmed options to choose from with a wide range of dough to make.
Another great thing about this unit is that you can also make your favorite chutneys and jams to enjoy with your fresh bread. It has a delayed start allowing you to add ingredients and available for up to 13-hours. Therefore, I make my bread during the evening to be nice and fresh in the morning – there is nothing better than wakening up to the smell of fresh baked bread.
Another great feature is that the unit shuts down automatically when the bread has finished cooking and keeps the bread warm for up to an hour.
What Makes this Bread Maker Unique?
The CBK-100 is a fully automated unit that makes different sized loaves of bread: 1 pound, 1 ½ pound, and 2 pound loaves of bread. The appliance fits nicely in with my décor and stands proudly on the kitchen top (18” x 12 ¼” x 15”).
If you are afraid that your hands may burn it, has 2 stay cool carrying handles that are very useful when you are in need of moving it. By the press of a button, you cycle through all the available options for making your basic white bread, French bread, Italian bread, whole wheat bread, sweet bread, package mix bread, gluten-free, cake mixtures, pasta dough, and so much more.
It may not have an automated dispenser for nuts and fruits, but if you do want to add them to your mixture at the right time; it pauses the program for you and warns you with a toned sound to add your ingredients. The blades are even dishwasher safe.
Easy to Use
Using the Cuisinart CBK-100 could not be simpler and I measure out my ingredients, push the button, wait for a couple of hours, and enjoy your bread. The machine does everything for you, except measuring the ingredients and eating up the bread. Another great thing I have noticed is that it is better when your ingredients left at room temperature before adding it to the machine. Even the baking pan is easy to remove and clean.
Another great thing is that the brushed stainless steel contour is great and easy to keep clean and best of all you get a three-year warranty on the unit.
Benefits and Features of The Cuisinart CBK-100
- It has 12 preprogrammed settings with included chutney and jam making
- Another great benefit is that you can choose your crust color from light, medium, and dark
- It has an automated keep warm function and switches off when the bread’s finished baking
- It comes with a rapid bake option and helps reduce the time when making a loaf of bread
- An enormous benefit is the gluten-free options available and great for families who are health conscious
- It has a paused cycle for adding ingredients
- The baking pan, mixing blades and the provided measuring cup and spoon are all dishwasher safe
- Designed with stainless steel while it has two stay cool handles, viewing window, a removable lid pan, 13-hour delay timer, paddles for clean up, makes three different sized bread loaves, and a superb instruction manual with recipes
- Measures: 18 x 12.5 x 15 inches and weighs 18 pounds
- Plus, you receive 3 additional years on the unit making, it 3 years if anything happens to go wrong with it
- Some other superb features are the multiple cycles, the adding ingredients indicator, and delay start
What Other Users Like About the Bread Maker
If you are not completely satisfied with only my word, there are many other Cuisinart CBK-100 reviews available online. On Amazon alone customers have rated this unit with 4.3 stars out of five. The majority of users are pleased with how easy the machine is to use. Other users appreciate the functionality of making gluten-free bread in it with many different options of making a variety of bread. Some clients had some minor complaints regarding the durability of the machine, but if one takes care of your appliances and handle it with care, they provide you only pleasure for a long time.
Positive and Negative Concerns Regarding the CBK-100
- I found the CBK-100 easy to use and has helped me a lot when it comes to making bread for my family
- The dedicated gluten-free setting is great
- The LCD display, view window, is easy to read and large enough to see inside of the unit
- The machine is sturdy and durable enough for me
- It works quietly so no disturbance during the night when baking
- Has a loud beeping indicator sound that works well for me during day times as I work from home and the kitchen is way off from the study
- The bread comes out perfectly since I have started using proper bread flour instead of all-purpose flour
- The unit is a bit on the large and heavy side that may cause problems with people who live in small spaces, however, the provided handles are great if you decide to pack it away when not used
- The only other concern is the custom settings that do not work with the gluten-free mode
Hard to Find Fault
This may be my first bread maker ever, but it is hard to find major faults with the Cuisinart CBK-100. I love the design and it is straightforward and easy to use. Another great thing compared to most other brands is the fact that you can clean the baking pan and mixing paddle in your dishwasher – while the control panel provides you with clear instructions on use. The units easy to clean and requires you to only wipe it out to help remove the crumbs left behind while the lids detachable. Therefore, if you are looking for a healthier and more affordable way of saving on buying bread look at this model as it will start paying for itself in the end!