You have received a bread machine as a present. After all the excitement, you have already tried it out and baked your first loaf of bread. Now you may be wondering if you can leave the appliance overnight unattended. The answer is yes, as the majority of the machines have a delay start timer.
You can add your ingredients and set the timer for the apparatus to come on later and prepare some freshly baked bread for breakfast. Alternatively, you can set it up to cook different dishes throughout the day as well. However, this all depends on the model you have.
Therefore, if you have a machine with the delay start, we are going to show you how you can use it to your benefit with the following tips.
Tips on How to Use the Timed Function on the Bread Maker
Before we get to the instruction, there are some important notes to remember before using the delay start function:
- Only use recipes without juice, fresh vegetables & fruit, milk, or eggs. The reason is that it can spoil unless you know you will not be away from home for a long time.
- If you plan to use the add beep, do not use the timer. In most case scenarios, you will add the ingredients from the start.
- Make sure use recipes you have tried, as you do not want too dry or wet ingredients.
- When setting the timer, you need to remember that the bread needs a cooling time of 45-minute before slicing.
- You can use the keep warm function if you know you are going to be there to remove it from the appliance. You do not want to wait too long before slicing the bread.
Recipes You Can Use with the Delay Function
Here are some delicious recipes you can make with the timer a Sandwich Bread, Raisin Bread, Peanut Butter Bread, Onion Bread, Extra Light Rye Bread, or any other bread mix. However, when making the raisin bread, make sure to include the raisins at the start of the recipe.
Furthermore, you can make the Sandwich Bread if your bread machine has a homemade function. However, if you want to prepare a quick bread to follow the recipe included here:
Quick Sourdough Bread
The fresh bread will be ready in 14 hours and serves up to 10 people.
- A cup of water
- Three cups of bread flour
- One ¼ tsp white sugar
- Two teaspoons instant dry yeast
- Seven tablespoons milk
- One teaspoon vinegar
- A tablespoon of vegetable oil
- A pinch of salt
- Combine the water, a cup of bread flour, ¼ tsp sugar, and the yeast in a large bowl
- Leave it to sit overnight covered with plastic or leave it throughout the day for up to eight hours
- Pour the mixture into the pan of the machine and add the remaining ingredients comprising of the sugar, milk, vinegar, oil, salt, and the rest of the flour
- Select the cycle and timer
The bread takes up to 2 ½ hours depending on the machine, you use.
As you can see, you can leave your bread machine unattended overnight by using the delay start. The fantastic thing is you can use the timer setting to prepare different food items and bread. Do you want to find out what more you can make in your bread machine? Click through to our article what can you make in a bread maker you will be surprised what the appliance can do.